If you assign a prerequisite to "Unit X", this means that your students must complete the prior unit in order to move on successfully to Unit X".
1. Starting in the course platform, select "Modules" from the left-hand side.
2. Scroll to the unit you wish to edit.
3. Click on the three dots on the right-hand side of the unit title and press "Edit".
4. Under the "Prerequisites" heading, click on "+Add prerequisite."
5. Click "Update Module," then click "Continue" (if you want students to keep their progress in the module) or "Re-Lock Module" (if you want students to have to redo any work they've already done in the module).
Note: If you are confused about the difference between prerequisites and requirements, please click here to learn more.
Removing prerequisites will allow students to move through a unit in any order they choose, and introduces a high degree of flexibility. This may be suitable for a class where students are moving at their own pace, rather than moving through the material simultaneously.
1. Follow steps 1-2 above
2. Under the "Prerequisites" heading, you will see which unit must be completed before your students can move on. Click on the grey "X" to the right of that prerequisite and update your module.